When I started this business three and a half years ago, I set out to use my gifts and my voice to encourage people through our products. What started out as a small business run out of my house has turned into a million dollar business with lots of overhead, sales goals, company handbooks, policies, etc. We never could have anticipated the kind of growth we have experienced over the past few years. This ride has been one of the greatest joys of my life, but it has also been one of my greatest burdens. Managing such a huge budget and team takes so much out of a person. This burden has gotten to the point that we have to focus so much on hitting our sales goals to take care of our overhead that our work has lost its meaning. In order to meet our obligations, we have been pushing out as much product as we can, and it seems like we can’t ever keep up. Koral and I feel like hamsters on a wheel just running and running as fast as we can and not getting anywhere.
As you know, my husband is a high school basketball coach, so he has worked long hours since we got married. His schedule allowed me to pour so much of my time into S&G. And I am thankful for every moment I have invested. But, I am quickly approaching my due date for these precious miracle boys, and to be honest, I don’t want to miss one moment. I don’t want the stress of work to distract me from my first ministry – my family. We have prayed and fought so hard for this season of life, and I want to be present for everything.
The struggle to meet our overhead has just become too much, and we want to get back to the heart of our business: using our gifts for His glory. We crave simplicity – having the space in our work lives and home lives to be more creative and to really focus on sharing the message of Give Grace with the world.
So what does this mean for S&G?
- We are scaling back big time and trying to let go of as much overhead as we can.
For this season of life, we are going to be saying goodbye to the physical, product side of the business. As bittersweet as this decision is for Koral and me, we know this is the right thing for both of our families. We don’t want the burden of all that comes with being a physical, product-based business right now. We will have product at any in person events that we do, but it just won't be sold online or in our retail store anymore.
Effective June 5th, we have adjusted all prices on the website because everything must go. As of right now, we have no plans to bring anything back, so this is your last chance to grab that piece you have been eyeing. All sales will be final, so please make sure you double-check your order before you check out.
Our retail store will be closed except for special events. If you need to pick up an order, click here to find out more details.
- We will have a few new things coming out this summer because they are already in production, so keep watching for those items.
- We are having a HUGE in-store sale this weekend: Thursday & Friday from 10 - 6 and Saturday, 12 - 5. Make sure to come by and grab some goodies.
- We will still be having several events in the store this summer, so stay tuned!
- This summer will be all about moving as much product as we can, trying to find someone to sublease our space (email us if you’re interested), and tying up any loose ends as we step into this new phase.
We are so grateful for every single one of you that have supported this crazy ride with us! I know many of y’all will be disappointed by this news, but please know this is not the end of S&G. Koral and I are so excited for what the future holds for us.
So what’s next?
- Before rumors get started, I want to be very clear: Scarlet & Gold is not closing, and it is not going away. It will simply be heading in a new direction.
- We don’t have a lot of details to share yet, but we will be focusing more on the ministry side of the business. We want to get back to our roots of creating resources and tools that will equip women to find joy and community in life’s hardest seasons.
- The business will be much more automated, which will free us up to work when we can and be present for life when we need to be.
- We are starting a 501C3 for Give Grace, and we are so excited about the opportunities to love people that will come from this move.
- All of our efforts through S&G will be a means to support our Give Grace foundation.
- We are planning on a fall launch for all the new things, so stay tuned!
Will you pray with us over this transition? This past week has been one of the hardest of my life, but it makes it just a bit easier when you know this is exactly where the Lord is calling you. We hope you will follow our journey this fall as we pray through and plan the next phase of this business. The best way to stay updated is to follow us on Instagram (S&G, Megan, Koral) and to subscribe to our email list.
As with any big news, I am sure there will be speculation about why we are making this step. Please know that we plan to continue sharing with complete honesty, openness and vulnerability about this transition. And as my girl Joanna Gaines says, “If you don’t read it here, it’s likely not true.”
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for loving and supporting this thrilling venture with us! We can’t wait to share our hearts with you about what’s next.